We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct ·
- 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
WE BELIEVE IN ONE GOD, CREATOR OF ALL, HOLY, SOVEREIGN, ETERNAL, EXISTING IN THREE EQUAL PERSONS, THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Colossians 2: 8-9 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- In His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory
- In His work of creation, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection
- In His triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return
- Ephesians 4: 4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who baptizes believers at conversion into the Body of Christ and bestows upon them His gifts sovereignly as He wills and fills those yielded to Him
- Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
- 2 Corinthians 1: 21-22 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
We believe that Adam was divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell from that state
- That all his posterity inherited spiritual depravity and defilement
- That all men therefore are guilty before God and condemned to physical and spiritual death
- Roman 8: 1-4 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign grace of God
- Acts 2:38 The Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
- John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
- Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
- Romans 8:9-14 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Titus 2: 11-14 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.